Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Different between journalist and writer

For a whole night I had been thinking. 

A journalist is a writer? This is the question I been asked to my colleague. Am I being here as a journalist or a writer? 

Just early in the morning, I research the meaning in Wikipedia. And I just found that it has a big different between them. And similar to my intern now, I was a writer instead of a journalist. I do not saying myself as a journalist, as my duty and responsibility is different from a journalist job. 

A journalist is a person who practices journalism, gathering and dissemination of information about current events, trends, issues and people. It also as same type as reporters. Create reports as a profession for broadcast or publication in mass media ( eg: newspaper) Reporters find their sources for their works, their repots can be either spoken or written. (taken from wikipedia) 

Isn't it exciting and interesting to be a journalist? A journalist believes in reporting the real and true. 

A writer is anyone who creates written work, although the work are more usually designates those who write creatively or professional. In British Royal Navy, writer is the trade designation for an administrative clerk. ( taken from wikipedia) 

Isn't it a big different? Could a journalist write event though they did not even went for the event? The answer is Yes for a Writer but No for a Journalist. Therefore, I do not expect myself as a journalist. I still not qualification to be a journalist. 

No comments: