Friday, August 15, 2008

LCW first Malaysian badminton player to reach Olympic

I am very happy that Lee Chong Wei had won the games to enter final games. He had won a victory for Malaysia to become the first badminton single player to reach Olympic final at the Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium.

He will return home to get at least a silver medal after barren outings at the last two Olympics by battling past South Korean Lee Hyun-il 21-18, 13-21, 21-13 in the semi-finals. Chong Wei has a chance to go one step better when he takes on top seed Lin Dan of China, who beat compatriot Chen Jin 21-12, 21-18.

When Chong Wei gets the winning point, he collapsed to the ground in sheer joy and relief. He then got up, ran over and jumped onto his coach Misbun Sidek’s arms.

“The huge pressure is off me! I have made sure of winning at least an Olympic medal. I dedicate this to my coach, who gave everything to prepare me for these Games,” said Chong Wei, who only reached the second round in his Olympic debut in Athens four years ago.

No comments: